Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
WEBSITE FOR BOOK
STUDENT PORTAL TO ACCESS CLASS – PS504)
Complete this week’s Learning Activity to prepare you for the Assignment.
Researchers in psychology often use experimental designs to learn about behavior and other topics in the field. Experiments offer important benefits, such as control over extraneous variables, allowing researchers to determine how experimental factors affect behavior. There is a variety of experimental designs, and this assignment will help you to understand their features and limitations.
For this Assignment, you will write a 3–5 page paper on experimental research designs. Using the PG Library, you will also find and summarize a research article about a study employing an experimental design.
Be sure to address the following in your paper:
Part 1. Describe Experimental Designs
• Describe major features and the role of error in between-subjects designs, including the following designs:
• Single-factor randomized group designs
• Randomized multi-group designs
• Matched-group designs
• Describe major features of and the role of error in within-subjects design.
• Explain when it would be appropriate to use a within-subjects design.
• Describe major features of and the role of error in single-subject designs.
Part 2. Summarize a Research Article Employing an Experimental Design
Using the PG Library, identify a research article in a peer-reviewed journal. Summarize the article, focusing on the design. Be sure to address the following:
• Summarize the research topic and question.
• Identify the specific experimental design the researchers applied.
• Summarize the methodology, including participants, measures, and basic procedures.
• Summarize the major findings of the study.
The Assignment should:
• Utilize a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources outside of your textbook to support your paper.
• Follow Assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
• Use correct APA formatting per the current APA Publication Manual.
• Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
• Be written in Standard English and be clear, specific, and error-free.
Your paper should include:
• Title Page
• Main Body of the paper
• Reference Page
• 3-5 Pages in length
Unit 8 Assignment Rubric
% – Points Points Earned
Student describes the major features of and the role of error in between-subjects designs, including single-factor randomized group designs, randomized multi-group designs, and matched-group designs. 0-13
Student describes major features of and the role of error in within-subjects design. Student explains when it would be appropriate to use a within-subjects design. 0-10
Student describes the major features of and the role of error in single-subject designs. 0-7
Student thoroughly summarizes the research topic and research question, methodology, including participants, measures, basic procedures, and major findings of the research study of their chosen journal article. 0-15
Student identifies the specific experimental design the researchers applied in the research study of their chosen journal article. 0-5
Student cites a minimum of the textbook and three peer-reviewed journal articles. 0-6
Structure: Clear thesis statement and summary paragraph, complete paragraphs, clear and logical organization throughout, and moves fluidly between sections. Primarily student’s own words with quotes used very sparingly; includes several references to support conclusions. 0-7
Mechanics: Uses correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and APA style with proper in-text citations, as well as a formal title and reference page. Free of typographical errors, double-spaced, and 3-5 pages in length (not including the cover page or reference page). 0-7
An explanation of the points earned, as well as where the Assignment could be strengthened, will be included with your grade.